The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services.
As a Program Manager (Director of Special Projects - Financing), the selectee will support the Deputy Assistant Commissioner in their role as principle advisor to the fiscal Assistant Secretary, the Commissioner, and other management officials in connection with debt financing activities, and works closely with the Assistant Commissioner and Deputy Assistant Commissioner on all aspects relating to the issuance and servicing of Treasury marketable and savings securities.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
As a Program Manager (Director of Special Projects - Financing) you will:
* Evaluate the results of tactical and operational plans through the development of measurable performance goals and benchmarks.
* Participate in issues of organizational significance, including planning, policy and management issues and the development, issuance and implementation of new policies, regulations and procedures.
* Develop and apply modern analytical methods, tools, techniques, and management and business metrics associated with processes to enable improvement in core business and operations functions, as well as to improve the quality and value of services provided to customers.
* Analyze and evaluate both general and specific laws, regulations, and policies affecting the financing of the debt in order to recommend and implement proper methods and solutions that satisfy requirements. Recommendations may be presented to the appropriate officials as written products and or oral briefings. The incumbent works closely with the Government Securities Regulation Staff (GSRS) and Fiscal Service, Treasury, and Federal Reserve lawyers to develop language for incorporating proposed changes into regulations.
* Serve as advisor to the Deputy Assistant Commissioner and other high level management officials in matters involving marketable debt. Evaluates and prepares written comments and briefing material, e.g., policy or procedural revisions resulting from legislation, Fiscal Service, Treasury, financial community regulations, or FRB procedures which cause changes to the operation. Participates in decision-making conferences with Bureau, Departmental, and Federal Reserve personnel.