Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Base LA/LB, Comptroller and Operations Department, Logistics Division, San Pedro, CA.
The incumbent is responsible for receiving, recording, and processing incoming and outgoing registered, certified, insured, and all other classifications of mail.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Receiving, picking up, and sorting all incoming materials
- Keeping abreast of personnel assignments and reassignments to establish directory service for holding or forwarding mail
- Delivering and picking up post office, commercial shipper, and guard mail from office mail stops
- Delivering outgoing and picking up incoming Registered/Certified/Insured mail at the U.S. Post Office
- Training office personnel in duties and responsibilities of mail clerk