Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy will close at midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the stated closing date of the vacancy OR on the day that 250 applications are received, whichever occurs first. Only complete applications that include all supporting documents received prior to midnight EST on the closing date or the day the application limit is reached will be accepted. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application. Supporting documents WILL NOT be accepted once the job opportunity announcement closes.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Criminal Investigative Division will allow you to supervise a widely diverse staff of creative, scientific, and technical professionals whose expertise spans a variety of technology fields. Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact mission critical support for investigative operations and the associated research and administrative functions of the Secret Service. This Computer Engineer (Wireless Networks) position starts at a salary of $105,211 (GS-14, step 1), with potential to $136,771 (GS-14, step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
The selectee will serve as a Computer Engineer (Wireless Networks) in the Office of Investigations, Criminal Investigative Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the technical expert in the discipline of wireless network engineering in regards to initiatives spanning local area networks (LAN’s), wireless area networks (WAN’s), fiber optic data and radio technologies for mobile, tactical and stationary infrastructures.
- Determining and establishing theoretical system and infrastructure limits in capacity and threshold planning through the use of rigorous calculations and analysis.
- Exercising long-range research and planning to develop technologically enhanced strategies, products, and services for networking and integrating multiple hardware, communication devices, software, routers, servers, and lines into a single architecture; actively engaging in initiating, directing and conducting research and development projects for emerging network and system technologies and their integration into the overall technology infrastructure.
- Developing solutions through research, deployment, and optimization of wireless based technologies utilizing a broad analytical engineering approach that includes mathematical models, simulations, scenarios, and evaluates, researches, and tests a wide variety of next generation (future) wireless technologies (i.e. LTE and WiMax) for use and implementation into the USSS protective and investigative mission.
- Providing field teams with guidance and direction, when using software and hardware technologies to coordinate problem solving efforts during protective and investigative missions.