The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location/ installation, identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
These positions are being filled under Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority, The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority to appoint certain Civilians to positions designated pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improve Act (DAWIA); positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
· Independently performs recurring assignments of limited and complexity in support of projects assigned to higher graded analyst.
· Knowledge of analytical, mathematical, and /or statistical theories, principles, and practices to plan, coordinate, and execute segments of complex studies.
· Use rigorous methods of logic and scientific discipline to design, develop and adapt and/or oversee the design,
development, and adaption of mathematical cost models the will be used to evaluate the cost of various weapons system and programs.
· Performs a broad range of operations research analyses assignments entailing unique problems, creativity,
innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies.
· Reviews and evaluates study projects, proposal, and/or reports for adequacy of methodology, including the use of development of computerized models, ensuring the techniques used are valid and appropriate to the problem or issue identified.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-07 Target GS-12).