IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL APPLICANTS USE THE USA JOBS RESUME
BUILDER TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY. THIS WILL ENSURE FULL CREDIT IS GIVEN FOR
THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW
Your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience
listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates of the
experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information
is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position, and for
consideration of an interview.
Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to
organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed
for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare
production records, work records and reports.
MUST HAVE AT LEAST _36_ MONTHS EXPERIENCE
IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning,
troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical
and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification.
- Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and
scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum
- Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics,
military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash
damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel
controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
-Experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and
organize work assignments for lower grade personnel.
-Experience which required the review of work requirements and
establish priorities to meet deadlines.
-Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work
performed by this function.
-Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the
potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate
knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes.
-Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new
SKILL AND ABILITIES (KSAs): In your application and/or resume please address the following factors
in detail, giving dates of the experience and in what position the experience
was gained. This information is used only for rating
and ranking and not used for qualifying applicants.
Knowledge of a wide variety of parts, components, operation, installation and
ability to perform adjustments on a variety of aircraft subsystems and
Thorough knowledge of operating electronic principles to troubleshoot and
repair malfunctions where circuit theory must be used to understand the
operation, not only of individual circuits but also the interaction of other
Knowledge of the sensitivity of the mission, as well as the major assemblies,
systems, and surfaces and how they are designed to operate together.
to test functionality of equipment, troubleshoot the systems; determine if
system is operating properly or whether portions of the system must be
repaired, replaced, aligned or adjusted.
in reading and understanding data, schematics, technical orders, manufactures
handbooks and repair manuals, settings from instruments and gauges, blue prints,
quality control reports, and other documentation and computerized checks and
Knowledge of the operational and maintenance records required for the UAS
aircraft and payload and has knowledge of the terminology and format to report
of activity supply procedures to initiate requisitions for needed parts and
supplies and tools.
in the care and use of hand and power tools used in aircraft work.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION: There is no education substitution authorized for this position.
· Incumbent must maintain membership in the Michigan National Guard.
· For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
· For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
· Should a position be announced at less than the authorized grade, the selected applicant may be non-competitively promoted when he/she meets all qualifications and is submitted for promotion by the supervisor.
· Employment is contingent upon successful completion of technician pre-employment physical for certain occupational series.
· The wearing of the military uniform and abiding by the customs and courtesies as prescribed by applicable military service regulations are conditions of employment.
· Employees will be required to participate in direct deposit/electronic fund transfer (DD/EFT).
· Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is not authorized for this position.
· If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
· Selectees currently militarily assigned to another state are subject to the requirements and procedures of the Michigan Army National Guard (MIARNG) Interstate Transfer (IST) policies. You MUST coordinate with both the losing military unit and the IST Program Coordinator immediately upon notification of selection. Selection into a position may cause a reduction in rank.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length
of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates experience is evaluated on the
basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual;
however, established compatibly criteria/assignments will be followed. The
applicants record of exeperience, training and education must show possession
of the knowledge, skill and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the
position to be filled.