Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Who May Apply:
- This position will be located at Martin Army Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine in Fort Benning, GA.
- A Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be paid.
- Work is subject to rotating shifts and/or irregular tour of duty to include weekends, nights, and/or holidays, depending on area of assignment.
- Fort Benning is located in the Tri-Community comprised of Columbus, GA; Ft. Benning, GA; and Phenix City, AL. Columbus (third-largest city in Georgia) is a growing community of 250,000. Besides being the home of the Best Army Installation in the World, Columbus houses the corporate headquarters of many leading companies. The stunning Florida gulf shores and Blue Ridge Mountains are only a few hours drive. For more information, please visit http://www.army.mil/info/organization/benning/.
As a Physician Assistant at Martin Army Hospital, you will:
- Obtain health and medical history from the patient or family member to make clinical evaluations.
- Perform initial patient work-up and assessment of patient's care and treatment to determine if there is a need for additional procedures.
- Provide a full range of emergency services or crisis interventions in the absence of the physician.
- Provide consultation, teaching, and coordination with patients and their family members regarding treatment and medical care.
- Offer primary care and preventive services to healthy individuals, including guidance in common illnesses, accidents, child growth and development, and alternative drug usage.