Job Title:Physician Assistant
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD13722663970133D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, October 03, 2013 to
Thursday, October 17, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Benning, GA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position will be located at Martin Army Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine in Fort Benning, GA.
- A Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be paid.
- Work is subject to rotating shifts and/or irregular tour of duty to include weekends, nights, and/or holidays, depending on area of assignment.
- Fort Benning is located in the Tri-Community comprised of Columbus, GA; Ft. Benning, GA; and Phenix City, AL. Columbus (third-largest city in Georgia) is a growing community of 250,000. Besides being the home of the Best Army Installation in the World, Columbus houses the corporate headquarters of many leading companies. The stunning Florida gulf shores and Blue Ridge Mountains are only a few hours drive. For more information, please visit http://www.army.mil/info/organization/benning/.
Who May Apply:
- Moving expenses may be paid
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Physician Assistant at Martin Army Hospital, you will:
- Obtain health and medical history from the patient or family member to make clinical evaluations.
- Perform initial patient work-up and assessment of patient's care and treatment to determine if there is a need for additional procedures.
- Provide a full range of emergency services or crisis interventions in the absence of the physician.
- Provide consultation, teaching, and coordination with patients and their family members regarding treatment and medical care.
- Offer primary care and preventive services to healthy individuals, including guidance in common illnesses, accidents, child growth and development, and alternative drug usage.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Graduation from a physician assistant educational program, accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors, at a college, university, or educational institution that is accredited by an accrediting body or organization recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education.
- Certification: This position requires successful completion of the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for continuing medical education (CME) and re-certification.
- Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-11) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes performing medical screening examinations, reviewing medical history, prescribing medications, interpreting radiographs and lab results, and/or diagnosing medical conditions on patients of all ages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Skill in patient assessment
- Skill in patient care
- Knowledge of family medicine
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
- If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Workplace Program) requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Employee will be required to wear a uniform and use personal protective equipment as required and provided by the employer.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.