WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open only to current Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted members.
Position Location: USPFO-RMD, Clay National Guard Center (CNGC), Marietta, GA.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation Incentive: Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent dual-status, position which requires Georgia Army National Guard membership.
Job Summary: This position is located in the US Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) Comptroller Division, Accounting Services Branch. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing, and correction of financial transactions and issues/discrepancies involving the full range of accounting services. Incumbent uses a complete understanding of inter-related work systems across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all obligations, disbursements, collections/deposits, and adjustments related to financial records.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Georgia Army National Guard Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with ARNG regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military Accounting Technician functions in support of programs essential to state Army National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Army National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Army National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
- Performs broad in-depth analysis on multiple management systems and applies this information to complicated precedent type cases to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out of balance conditions associated with processing actions within accounting systems.
- Performs fact finding, research, and investigations to identify, analyze and recommend solutions regarding fiscal accounting activity.
- Analyzes particular facts of fiscal transaction problems/issues; verifies, evaluates, and interprets considerable amounts of data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and applies pertinent fiscal laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures to determine appropriate action for resolution.
- Examines accounts or resolves difficult reconciliations requiring an analysis of adjustments and corrections in accounts.
- Reconstruct inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquiries and resolves problems referred by managers, employees, congressional inquiries, etc.
- Coordinates with internal/external financial/program management personnel to resolve issues and/or prevent accounting errors.
- Researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered.
- Uses fiscal accounting and related interfaced systems to provide input/adjustments to the fiscal accounting database of record and the interoperable feeder systems of logistics, contracting, pay, travel, accounts payable, disbursement and interfund automated systems.
- Develops variations in approaches to fit specific functions while often encountering incomplete, unreliable or conflicting data in the process of work performance.
- Applies accounting methods, procedures, and techniques to conduct difficult and in-depth analysis. Validates transactions and performs research to resolve inconsistencies.
- Uses computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes in existing accounts while protecting historical data.
- Schedules, runs, and analyzes various fiscal accounting reports, such as the Master Update Error report, AXol (Government Purchase Card) line of accounting report, and Master Update Listing for the Account Processing Code (APC) candidate file.
- Performs other duties as assigned.