The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location/ installation, identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority for Health Care Occupations, The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority to appoint certain Civilians to Health Care Occupations identified with shortages and/or critical needs; these positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
· Provide prescription and drug information services to support providers in the local area. Provide advice on safe and effective drug therapy that contributes to patient care.
· Participate in programs designed to improve staff and patient knowledge of drugs pertinent to practice and/or care of patients. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations governing receiving, safeguarding, and issuing controlled drugs.
· Assure preparedness to meet the needs of the clinic and community in the event of a local or national disaster.
· Establish procedures, schedules workload, and integrates the work of the Refill Pharmacy with overall pharmacy program.
· Review complex pharmaceutical treatment plans/programs and develops/issues treatment guidelines, instructions and procedures establishing technical and administrative pharmaceutical care requirements.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-09 Target GS-12).