Job Title: PhysicianJob Announcement Number: MD-DH-14-782
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Medical Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, October 01, 2013 to
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Multiple Schedules -
Multiple Appointment Types
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- No referral lists will be issued from this announcement. Resumes of qualified individuals will be posted in a secure, online database for management review and remain active for 120 days for use if a position becomes available for your specialty and location. As job opportunities occur throughout the year, the selecting official may make selections from this pool of available/qualified candidates. Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position. The initial length of an overseas tour is 2 or 3 years depending upon location.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their
- Permanent, Term, Part-time, intermittent or temporary positions will be filled from this solicitation.
- Supervisory and non-supervisory positions will be filled from this solicitation.
Who May Apply:All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States.
You may apply online by Clicking Here
You may check your status online at http://medcell.army.mil/status.asp
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Moving expenses may be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
Positions filled from this solicitation may include any one of the following occupational specialties: Please identify the occupational specialty for which you have an interest. You may select more than one. Allergy/Immunology, Dermatology, Emergency Room, Family Practice, Gastroenterology, General Practice, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics OB/GYN, Occupational Medicine, Pediatrics, Physical Med Rehabilitation, Physiatry, Preventive Medicine, Psychiatry, Psychiatry (Child), Radiology (Diagnostic), Radiology (General), Surgery (General), Administrative, Anesthesiology, Disability Evaluation, Oncologist/Hematologist, Neurologist, Ophthalomology, Otolaryngology, Pathology, Public Health, Pulmonary Diseases, Rheumatology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Sleep Medicine & Urology.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).]
- Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
- Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Specialized Experience: Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess, at a minimum, 3, 4 or 5 years of internship/residency/fellowship training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty. The required experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of patient care duties including examination, diagnosis and treatment to ensure effectiveness of treatment, post discharge. At least one year of the experience must have been equivalent to the next lower level, which would involve independent treatment of complex cases requiring advanced skills.
Click here for more information.
- If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- One-year supervisory probationary period may be required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program)requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
- If selected, candidate must provide documents for credentialing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume and supporting documents) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, as described in this Job Announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position. Your resume will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
BENEFITS:Back to top
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
YOU MAY APPLY ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
To apply for this position, click the hyperlink above to access the Online Application procedures through the MEDCELL website. PLEASE NOTE: if applying online, the complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (CST) on Tuesday, September 30, 2014
The preferred method of application is the Online Application process. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail your resume via surface mail to:
PECH-NCR-B, CHRA-NC Region
Bldg 104, Medcell
1 Rock Island Arsenal
Rock Island, IL 61299
If submitting your resume by mail, you must include the Job Announcement number, Social Security Number, and Geographic Location Preferences. PLEASE NOTE: if applying by postal mail, the complete Application Package must be received in our office by Tuesday, September 30, 2014The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which support your eligibility category or categories. If your eligibility category is listed below, you must provide the documents described for that category. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
Documents to support your eligibility category(ies):
The documentation you submit MUST show the characterization of your discharge (Honorable, General, etc.). If your documentation does not show your discharge characterization, your veteran's status will not be used to determine your eligibility for this job. If you are not eligible under any other category, you will not receive further consideration. Required veterans documentation:
- Veterans Preference eligibles: You are required to submit DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4).
- Disabled Veterans: You are required to submit DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4), a completed SF-15 (Claim for 10-Point Veteran Preference), AND a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying an OVERALL SERVICE-CONNECTED DISABILITY percentage. The OVERALL rating must be identified on your certification letter.
- Future Military Retirees*: You are required to submit a copy of your retirement DD Form 214 OR a copy of your retirement letter AND a copy of your terminal leave letter OR certification document**.
- Future Military Separatees*: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 OR certification document** OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable).
* Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave before the effective date of employment.
** The certification is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
More information about Veteran's Preference is available at http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Additional Duty Location Info
Many vacancies in the following locations:
Fort Greely, AK View Map
Fort Richardson, AK View Map
Wainwright, AK View Map
Fort Mc Clellan, AL View Map
Fort Rucker, AL View Map
Redstone Arsenal, AL View Map
Pine Bluff Arsenal, AR View Map
Fort Huachuca, AZ View Map
Fort Irwin, CA View Map
Presidio, CA View Map
Fort Carson, CO View Map
Fort Benning, GA View Map
Fort Gordon, GA View Map
Fort Stewart, GA View Map
Fort Shafter, HI View Map
Schofield Barracks, HI View Map
Rock Island, IL View Map
Edinburgh, IN View Map
Fort Leavenworth, KS View Map
Fort Riley, KS View Map
Fort Campbell, KY View Map
Fort Knox, KY View Map
Richmond, KY View Map
Fort Polk, LA View Map
Natick, MA View Map
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD View Map
Fort Detrick, MD View Map
Fort Meade, MD View Map
Fort Leonard Wood, MO View Map
Camp Shelby, MS View Map
Fort Bragg, NC View Map
Fort Dix, NJ View Map
White Sands Missile Range, NM View Map
Fort Drum, NY View Map
Watervliet, NY View Map
West Point, NY View Map
Fort Sill, OK View Map
McAlester, OK View Map
Carlisle Barracks, PA View Map
Fort Buchanan, PR View Map
Fort Jackson, SC View Map
Corpus Christi, TX View Map
Fort Bliss, TX View Map
Fort Hood, TX View Map
Fort Sam Houston, TX View Map
Red River Army Depot, TX View Map
Seagoville, TX View Map
Dugway Proving Ground, UT View Map
Fort Belvoir, VA View Map
Fort Eustis, VA View Map
Fort Lee, VA View Map
Fort Myer, VA View Map
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA View Map
Fort McCoy, WI View Map