Final salary determination is made by professional standards board recommendation, HR Technical review and Medical Center Director approval.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 970193 (Include on all documents)
Duty Location/Campus: Mental Health Service, North Little Rock Campus, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System.
Tour of Duty: M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Central Arkansas VA Medical Center is currently recruiting for a rehabilitation psychologist or a neuropsychologist with experience in working in a interdiscipliary rehabilitation setting. Incumbent will provide experienced psychological support for patients with complex chronic and traumatic medical needs. The rehabilitation psychologist will play a major role in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation and empowerment of patients to eliminate harmful psychological behaviors and replace them with healthy behaviors.
Area of Consideration:
The initial area of consideration is this Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS). Management retains the right to select any appropriate recruitment methods such as current Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment, Reinstatement eligibles, those eligible for a non-competitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority such as those for disabled veterans, those eligible for Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998,veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment, severely disabled individuals, Interchange Agreements with other Agencies, etc. Candidates from other sources may be considered only after consideration has been given the best qualified candidates from this CAVHS. Current permanent Veterans Canteen Service employees may apply for consideration under this announcement.
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eleigible for hiring under 5CFR 213.3102(u). Schedule A, Appontment of persons with disabilities (i.e., disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected diability of 30% or more.
Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
Clinical Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide psychological and neurocognitive assessment of individual patients, develop formulations of presenting problems and make diagnosis, where appropriate.
- Provide effective clinical psychology interventions which are patient centered based on assessment and formulation, as well as promote dignity and respect of patients.
- Participate in goal setting and be an active team member on the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team assessments (initial assessments and reviews) of patients with ongoing medical and/or psychological problems, develop joint formulations and participate in collective feedback to patients, ensuring that psychological aspects are appropriately included.
- Participate in the development of interdisciplinary treatment plans.
- Participate at interdisciplinary team meetings to present and discuss clinical information of patients.
- Develop and document cllinical psychology treatment plans.
- Maintains accurate and up to standard psychology records of all patients seen.
- Develop and maintain close consultation and effective working relationships with health professionals and with specialist's services in relevant areas.
- Develop and maintain coordinated case management and effective working relationships with referral sources.
- Promote the psychology service and its objectives positively and accurately to other health care professionals.
- Review, evaluate, and set personal performance objectives and be responsible for own professional development.
- Design, develop, and implement clinical research studies that look at current topics in the rehabilitation/neuropsychological literature, and translate findings into clinical practice.
- Performs other related duties.