Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Financial Management Specialist in the Division of Payment Services, Office of Financial Services (OFS), Office of Financial Operations (OFO), you will be responsible for supporting financial management and accounts payable functions, including auditing vouchers, processing payments for assigned FDA Centers/Offices and/or employee travel reimbursements and purchasing claims; analyzing financial matters and providing assistance and training to assigned offices; responding to requests for account histories and payment status; and preparing statistical studies and analyses.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Plans, manages, and/or oversees disbursement activities for the purchase of supplies, materials, travel, and contractual services.
- Maintains and operates multiple types of financial and travel modules to produce and disseminate financial management reports related to resource operations.
- Reviews the accuracy and consistency of data to ensure the integrity of information system processes.
- Participates in the improvement of cash flows, streamlines operations, and improves service to agencies.
- Reviews policies, regulations and standards to promote effective collections and payments management in the Government.
- Studies and resolves broad issues influencing collections and payments management Government-wide.