Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
This Supervisory Administration and Program Specialist position is located in the Office of Global Strategies (OGS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as Director, Business Management Office (BMO), reporting to the Assistant Administrator (AA) or Deputy Assistant Administrator (DAA), providing management oversight and direction for BMO staff and serving as a principal advisor to the AA and Deputy Assistant Administrator in matters involving administrative programs, policies and procedures; human capital management; budget information technology support, acquisitions system management; facilities and property management; procurement management; travel system management; and records management controls. Typical assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing organizational performance metrics in accordance with the TSA and program office mission, vision, goals, and strategic objectives. Reporting and assessing compliance with strategic objectives and program performance metrics to the AA recommending areas for improvement.
- Exercising broad management responsibilities in the evaluation, designing, developing, an implementing of office human capital functions in the areas of classification, recruiting and staffing, career development, performance management, incentive awards, employee retention, pay and leave administration, training management, and employee relations.
- Manages a comprehensive financial management program to include budget formulation, presentation, and execution functions; travel management, and government purchase card program.
- Managing a comprehensive acquisitions strategy program to include developing, executing, and managing contracts including contractor performance. Assessing the effectiveness of acquisitions strategies, operations, and processes, and provides recommendations to the AA and management regarding acquisitions issues, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Coordinating the review and preparation of internal and external correspondence to TSA senior executive management, DHS, members of Congress, the general public, program office stakeholders, and employees regarding program office programs.
Supervisory duties include: supervising and directing a subordinate staff; carrying out a full range of management and supervisory responsibilities; coordinating and managing projects; setting priorities; assigning work; monitoring and evaluating performance; coaching and developing employees; approving leave; and taking or recommending corrective/disciplinary actions as appropriate.