Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Join HAS/FDA/Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) and help make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans. CTP is the newest arm of the FDA. CTP is the principal Federal agency charged to establish tobacco regulations in order to decrease the tremendous toll of diseases, disability and death caused by tobacco use in the United States.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Compliance and Enforcement (OCE), Rockville, Maryland.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
· Perform duties that include resolving a broad range of compliance issues concerning the application of any of FDAs enabling legislation, pertinent regulations, and/or general legislation affecting the operation of the Federal government.
· Assist management in drafting precedential cases and opinions, and compliance processes of regulatory products.
· Research interpretive authority of federal statutes, rules, guidance, and regulations to support the development of compliance policies.
· Draft or critically review documents embodying compliance policy and program proposals and decisions on Tobacco products.
· Prepare replies to correspondence from interested persons or regulated communities on compliance and legal issues.
· Prepare oral reports reflecting and analyzing facts, sources, citations, etc., discovered during the course of factual and legal research.
Other duties related to compliance and enforcement procedures, as assigned.