Job Title:Regional Performance Management Officer (FAS)
Department:General Services Administration
Agency:Federal Acquisition Service
Job Announcement Number:1304071KBMP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, September 25, 2013 to
Thursday, October 24, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Atlanta, GA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|GSA employees nationwide who are serving on career or career-conditional appointment, or under a noncompetitive special appointing authority providing for a permanent position. Employees serving on Schedule B, C, or D or Term Appointments, are generally not eligible to apply.|
GSA employees leverage the buying power of the federal government to acquire best value for taxpayers and our federal customers. We exercise responsible asset management. We deliver superior workplaces, quality acquisition services, and expert business solutions. We develop innovative and effective management policies. GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government".
As the Regional Performance Management Officer and Branch Chief of the Strategic Planning Office in Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), you are responsible for conducting high level strategic planning and analysis of the performance and effectiveness of FAS programs and more. GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
This position is located in the Federal Acquisition Service, Regional Commissioner Office, Atlanta, GA. This office is responsible for providing best-value services, products, and solutions to their customers that increase overall government effectiveness and efficiency.
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Meet time-in-grade requirements
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent performs a wide variety of program, policy review, and analytical duties to speak for and provide the Regional Commissioner's (RC)viewpoints on matters as necessary including highly complex and sensitive issues; follows up on matters to assure speedy action on policies, regulations, procedures and responses. Develops presentations and programs for the RC and RC staff to brief high-level FAS customers and members of Congress.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
The GS-14 salary range starts at $101,035 per year, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements of the closing date of this announcement. To qualify, you must have one year of specialized experience as defined below, equivalent to the GS-13 level. Specialized experience includes demonstrated by a thorough understanding and application of government organizational performance analysis and strategy development. This includes experience in evaluation methods and techniques in order to reengineer, optimize, and implement performance management and process improvement business strategies. This also includes experience in applying strategy visualization techniques and meeting facilitation for the purpose of formulating and communicating organizational strategies. This experience must demonstrate a keen understanding of performance improvement in government in order to interpret and apply performance policy and to implement these policies across a government organization(s).
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, and obtain approval that no conflict or an appearance of conflict exists between your financial interest and this position.
- Complete a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, unless this has been previously fulfilled.
- Be able to travel occasionally on official business.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self-assessment vacancy questions will be used to assign a numerical score. If your responses to the vacancy questions are not supported by your resume then your score may be adjusted lower by the Human Resources Specialist. Scores are not augmented by Veteran's preference points for this type of announcement (Merit Promotion).
You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Comprehensive analytical skills to apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
Skill in oral communications to present sensitive recommendations to higher authority, to obtain compliance with policies from activities within the regional or Central Office setting, to articulate positions/policy of vast technical complexity and to represent the agency on task forces.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.
If you are a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score of 85) to receive priority. CTAP
To preview questions please click here.
BENEFITS:Back to top
GSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. To explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, see Benefits
Bargaining Unit status: Ineligible
GSA does not accept applications or application materials submitted with Government-paid postage. Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the Announcement. Errors or omissions may result in your not being considered for this vacancy. A description of the online process is provided below. For more information on applying for a GSA vacancy, please visit Applying for a GSA Job
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. Once you have completed this step, select "Apply for this Position Now!"
- Complete your personal information within GSAjobs. Once you’ve been redirected to GSA’s automated system, follow the prompts to create, review, or update your personal information. This information is used to determine your eligibility to apply for this position so be sure that it is up to date.
- Respond to all of the vacancy specific questions.
- Submit any required documents. A "Vacancy Documents" page is automatically displayed by the GSAjobs system. Review the Required Documents section of this announcement to determine which apply to you. You may choose one of the following options to submit your document(s): Upload; USAJOBS, or FAX. We strongly recommend you read the "Fax Instructions" provided on the Document Manager page prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information.
- Respond to any Additional Assessment Questions. If you are presented with additional assessment questions, be sure to respond to them or you may not be considered.
- Click the "FINISH' button. Finally, you'll receive an Application Review Page which allows you to review the information that will be submitted. You can save a copy of your application by selecting the 'Save PDF' button. Then, YOU MUST CLICK THE 'FINISH' BUTTON to complete and submit your application.
Note: If you cannot complete any part of the application process listed above, contact the Human Resources Office/representative listed on the announcement prior to the announcement deadline for instructions on how to proceed. Be sure to receive prior HR approval to deviate from these instructions so that your application will be considered.
Please review the following to determine which documents you must submit in order to complete your application.CTAP
Eligible: Submit proof of eligibility including agency notice; SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (or similar agency form); and most recent performance rating.GSA OIG Employees:
GSA Office of Inspector General (OIG) employees submit a SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, indicating current position title, series, grade, and career tenure.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If your application is complete, we will review your application to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will further evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies required of the position. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability and/or security background investigation. A final job offer for this position is typically made within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!