The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location/ installation, identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
These positions are being filled under Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority, The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority to appoint certain Civilians to positions designated pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improve Act (DAWIA); positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
- Direct, develop or perform logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission, weapons system, or other designated program.
· Perform periodic independent systems evaluations and develop recommendations for system improvements based on a thorough and comprehensive study and analysis. Schedule and monitor and funding milestones for adequacy and timeliness.
· Monitor organizational and contractor compliance with milestone and system performance criteria. Collaborate and plan with other managers and appropriate personnel to coordinate and/or integrate operations and interests of other organizations.
· Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating the total cradle-to-grave life cycle logistics support for assigned systems or subsystems, integrating separate functions of supply, maintenance, procurement and quality assurance into logistics activities required to sustain system fielding.
· Gather facts and develop conclusions relative to any matter having a significant impact on solutions to problems requiring command attention because of their criticality of involvement with high-level policy. Exercise technical leadership to obtain agreement on required actions, schedules and the resolution of conflicting points of view concerning program or policy matters.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-15).