Job Title: Laboratory Operations Specialist-NIAID-MPJob Announcement Number: NIH-NIAID-MP-13-966151
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, September 26, 2013 to
Monday, September 30, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Agency Employees Only
1 vacancy in the following location:
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases employees and individuals under CTAP only
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Laboratory of Infectious Diseases (LID), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected as a Laboratory Operations Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Gather and coordinate information and financial data for use by the Lab Chief and/or Scientific Operations Manager (SOM) in the development of annual budget estimates.
- Serve as a principal contact on HR issues within the Lab.
- Serve as support to the Lab Chief and/or SOM on a wide range of administrative tasks and as a key resource on administrative and procedural matters.
- Apply skill in analytical and evaluative techniques and knowledge of management principles to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature impacting administrative, budget, and human resources functions.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must have completed a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D., if related OR have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assisting in gathering financial data for the development of annual budgets; preparing personnel action documents; reviewing and approving vouchers (such as travel, purchase, etc.); collecting information for review and analysis; interpreting policies and regulations; preparing scientific information; and providing advice on administrative matters.
Have a combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
View Assessment Questions
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed, and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: