To be eligible for this position at the GS-12 level, you must possess the following:
At least 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level or higher (or similar in other pay systems) that provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but it must be comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of specialized experience include: ensuring procurement consideration of small, veteran-owned, or disadvantaged businesses; assisting in the review of prime contractors compliance with small and disadvantages business subcontracting plans; and advising small businesses of policies, procedures and directives requiring adherence for government business.
To be eligible for this position at the GS-13 level, you must possess the following:
At least 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level or higher (or similar in other pay systems) that provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but it must be comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of specialized experience include: ensuring procurement consideration of small, veteran-owned or disadvantaged businesses; oversee review of prime contractors compliance with small and disadvantages business subcontracting plans; advising small businesses of policies, procedures and directives requiring adherence for government business; and serving as a representative in solicitation review boards to ensure the interests and capabilities of small, veteran-owned and disadvantaged business are considered.PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
· Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position.
· Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
· Time in Grade (TIG): Current employees, Transfer and/or Reinstatement Eligibles must have a minimum of 52 weeks at the next lower grade GS-grade level to be eligible under Merit Promotion. An SF-50 must be provided which shows your current pay plan/series/grade to verify time-in-grade requirements are met. Failure to provide an appropriate SF-50 will result in an ineligible rating.
· Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
· Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
1. Knowledge of small and disadvantaged business utilization program sufficient to determine the extent of compliance with federal small and disadvantaged business utilization programs rules and regulations.
2. Knowledge of small and disadvantaged business utilization statutes, legislative intent, and policy sufficient to evaluate the content for projected impact upon programs and policies.
3. Knowledge of government contracting laws and policies.
4. The ability to make decisions or recommendations which affect an organizations small business program goals and operating procedures.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.