Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-2000-HQ-PW-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located with the Department of Homeland Security(DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Resources (CG-8), Office of Financial Policy, Reporting & Property (CG-84), and Personal Property Accountability Division (CG-844) in Chesapeake, VA.
The incumbent of this position serves as a Financial Analyst reporting directly to the Chief, Property Accountability Division (CG-844). The incumbent designs and conducts comprehensive financial management studies of the Coast Guard property program and provides expert analysis and recommendations regarding financial management issues, particularly in regard to managing and accounting for Coast Guard property assets.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Analyzing, designing and conducting comprehensive financial management studies of the property program.
- Providing expert advice, guidance, and USCG-wide oversight in the interpretation, uniform application of directives and procedures, financial management methodologies, requirements, testing procedures, internal controls, coordination and documentation of Coast Guard property programs.
- Reviewing Departmental IG and other government agency audit reports affecting property management.
- Providing recommendations on property management development activities within private industry and government as well as current accounting principles and policies.
- Representing the CFO as alternate liaison, when required, with other government agencies regarding the development, analysis, implementation or resolution of property management issues.
- Developing self-initiated goals and plans to ensure assigned programs and other tasks are complete.