Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-2089-SE-NG-M-A1. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/U.S. Coast Guard, Operations Systems Center (OSC), Martinsburg, VA.
This position is located at the U.S. Coast Guard Operations Systems Center (OSC), in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting and advising the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, and Division Chiefs in the overall administration of the office.
- Receiving and interpreting administrative directives and guidance from senior administration staff and implements changes as necessary.
- Advising Division Chiefs and other key personnel on the administrative functions of the organization.
- Providing technical guidance, assistance, and instruction to other clerical support personnel within the organization.
- Assists Division Chiefs with preparation of wide variety of correspondence, forms, reports, and charts from rough drafts, brief notes or oral instructions.
- Composing correspondence from brief oral instruction, rough drafts, or on own initiative based on research of files, regulations, and/or known precedent.
- Providing assistance to the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, and Division Chiefs to include escorting visitors, preparing correspondence and reports, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangments, etc.