The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Breckinridge Library, Alfred M. Gray Research Center, Marine Corps University, Training and Education Command, Maine Corps Combat Development Command, Quantico, Virginia. In this position your place of duty within the building will vary depending on duties.
This position performs a variety of general technical and clerical duties required to maintain the daily public service, circulation, collection maintenance, and materials processing functions of an academic library.
Major duties and responsibilities:
· Performs opening and closing procedures
· Performs check-in and checkout procedures.
· Inputs and removes new registrations in the Integrated Library System (ILS).
· Maintains daily circulation desk statistics.
· Provides patrons with general library information, including library policies and procedures.
· Performs library shelving and shelf reading, removing damaged materials for minor mending.