Applicants must meet the OPM Qualification Requirements for Operations Research Analyst positions (1515)listed in the Individual Occupational Requirements. To view OPM Qualifications,please go to the website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications
Basic Education Requirement:
· Bachelor'sdegree in operations research ; OR
· At least24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics,probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
You may start at the GS-05 if you have the following qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree with a major studying operations research: OR a Bachelor's degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics,mathematical logic, science, or subject matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics with at least 3 of the 24 semester hours in calculus.
You may start at the GS-07 if you have the following qualifications: One (1) full year of graduate level education with a major study in operations research; OR One(1) full year fo graduate level education with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics,probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courserequiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statisticswith at least 3 of the 24 semester hours in calculus OR Superior Academic Achievement;OR One (1) year of Specialized Experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level. Specialized Experience is described as:
· Skill in applying basic mathematical, statistical, or financial theories; basic authoritative references; routine formulas, operating procedures, and data processing practices; related technical tasks (e.g., computer programming, financial management, or engineering); and professional academic training in methods and principles.
SuperiorAcademic Achievement is obtained through: (1) Class standing - being in the upper third of thegraduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision based oncompleted courses; (2) Grade-point average - (a) having a grade-point averageof 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on the official transcript,or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on coursescompleted during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or (b) having a gradepoint average of 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average ofthe required courses completed in the major field or the required courses inthe major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or, (3)Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
Undergraduate andGraduate Education: To qualify for GS-1515 series on the basis of graduate education, the graduateeducation must be in one or a combination of the fields identified in (B) aboveis required.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
· Must sign a mobility agreement if selected.
· If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
· This position is designated as an acquisition position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.