This position is located in the Office of Security Systems, Judicial Services, Judicial Security Division, United States Marshals Service (USMS).
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Vacancy ID: 961168
Job Title: Physical Security Specialist, GS-0080-12/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Duty Location: Arlington, VA United States 2 vacancies
Open Period: Friday, October 04, 2013 - Friday, October 18, 2013
Salary Range - $74,872.00 - $115,742.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National.
The incumbent serves as a Physical Security Specialist responsible for advising and consulting with the Federal judges, U.S. Attorneys, Clerks of Court, U.S. Marshals, etc., on judicial security matters. The incumbent also serves as an Equipment and Installation Standards Specialist. The incumbent is responsible for tracking security projects; developing performance standards and guidelines for the USMS national security equipment installation contractor; developing and issuing reports on contractor performance; long range planning; assisting with the physical security equipment selection process; training USMS personnel and contract guards on the proper operation of security equipment, etc.
- Conducts initial and continual follow-up on-site court facility inspections to determine security systems required and the condition of existing systems.
- Coordinates, schedules, and directs the technical activities related to the installation of the interior and exterior physical security equipment in U.S. Federal judicial facilities.
- Utilizes both commercial and government sources to ensure the installation, upgrading, and maintenance of all security in Federal judicial facilities.
- Evaluates, plans, and creates specifications for a variety of physical security equipment systems.
- Analyzes, tests, and recommends equipment for experimental projects having court security applications.