Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy will close at midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the stated closing date of the vacancy OR on the day that 250 applications are received, whichever occurs first. Only complete applications that include all supporting documents received prior to midnight EST on the closing date or the day the application limit is reached will be accepted. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application. Supporting documents WILL NOT be accepted once the job opportunity announcement closes.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Administration, Procurement Division will allow you to use your expertise in evaluating policies and procedures and directing management analysis programs for a bureau that is responsible for a variety of protective and investigative operational programs. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Procurement Division Team in the Office of Administration, to ensure the coordination of the protective programs and support the mission of the Secret Service. This Contract Specialist position starts at a salary of $74,872 (GS-12, step 1) with promotion potential to $115,742 (GS-13, step 10)For more information on the Secret Service click here.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
The selectee will serve as Contract Specialist in the Office of Administration, Procurement Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing assistance, advice and guidance to lower-graded specialist; advising program officials of procurement objectives; and assisting with preparing the statement of work.
- Analyzing requirements and determining appropriate acquisition method and contract type; performing detailed analyses of all cost elements in contractor proposals and making competitive range determinations.
- Planning the negotiation strategy; leading the negotiation and awarding contracts; incorporating new or modified contract requirements and settling issues that develop; and providing guidance to contractor’s concerning obligations to perform within contractual terms.
- Planning and conducting pre-proposal conferences; establishing work schedules with contractors and tracking progress to evaluate performance.