Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Geological Survey
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
- Are you a Fish Biologist looking for a position in the Federal workforce?
- Do you have a passion for planning and conducting studies and investigations concerning biological, chemical, and physical processes that affect aquatic communities and ecosystems?
- Do you want to be part of an important aspect of the Federal Government, helping with exciting and groundbreaking incentives? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then this is the job for you! Come join the USGS and start doing the job you've always dreamed of!
Will Travel and Relocation Expenses be Paid? No
Why Is It Great To Work For The USGS?
Embark on an exciting future! From the peaks of the highest mountains to the depths of the deepest seas, the U.S. Geological Survey has career opportunities that make a difference in both the lives of others and in the environment. Would you like to join the more than 10,000 scientists, technicians, and support staff of the USGS who are working in more than 400 locations throughout the United States? Apply today! As the Nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems. The diversity of our scientific expertise enables us to carry out large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations and provide impartial, timely, and relevant scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers related to: the health of our ecosystems and environment; natural hazards that threaten us; natural resources we rely on, and; the impact of climate and land-use changes. For more information about the USGS please visit http://www.usgs.gov.
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
The U.S. Geological Survey has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval. For additional information on our internal telework policy, please reference the Department of the Interior Telework Handbook at: http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/pb/telework.html.
This is a term appointment for which all qualified applicants with or without Federal status may apply and be considered. Appointment to this position, however, will not convey permanent status in the Federal service and will be for a period not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Overnight travel of 1-3 nights per month may be required.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year trial period.
- Selectee must provide a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.