Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/
Who May Apply:
- Current Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service working within the local commuting area of the announced duty location on a permanent basis.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility who work within the local commuting area. (Note: unemployed reinstatement eligibles must reside in the local commuting area.)
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement and work within the local commuting area. (Note: unemployed Interchange Agreement eligibles must reside in the local commuting area.)
- Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), Law Enforcement Support Center (LESC), Duty Location: Williston, VT.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS IS A NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
As a Law Enforcement Specialist at the Law Enforcement Support Center you will:
- Collect and analyze precise, accurate information pertaining to alien status and develop reports for dissemination;
- Conduct and coordinate analytical assignments and/or research projects in support of investigations;
- Evaluate and interpret findings for submission to engage in data analysis;
- Analyze the impact of new regulations and directives on local operations and prepare complete and comprehensive written reports; and
- Represent the agency in outreach programs with various local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.