In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
· Experience in enterprise architecture program management and executing long-range IT plans through adherence to established programs or systems development life-cycle methodologies and practices, effective use and oversight of federal and contracting resources, and direct knowledge and experience with budget, financial accounting and reporting concepts and issues, strategic planning, and internal management control processes.
· Experience in developing and leading customer-focused initiatives within an IT service organization to re-engineer practices to better serve customers, evaluating and improving processes while ensuring product quality and conformance with customer specifications and a demonstrated ability to lead a sound enterprise architecture program management capability.
· Experience in interpreting and translating IT laws, regulations, policies, and guidance to address IT enterprise architecture management and agency-specific needs. Relevant mandates include the Clinger-Cohen Act, OMBs A-130, Federal Enterprise Architecture, and FISMA.
· Experience in strategic and operational IT planning, selection, evaluation, and use of IT tools and methodologies for translating business needs to architectural and technical specifications with a substantial familiarity with standard system or software development life-cycle management.
· Experience in overseeing and leading the design, implementation, and continuing development of modern, reliable, and secure end-to-end IT services and applications that include software development, cloud computing, service oriented architecture, collaboration tools, data center and network operations database/application/web servers, Service Desk, and telecommunications capabilities from an enterprise architecture perspective and delivery capability.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the followinglink: View Assessment Questions.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and/or appointment eligibility.
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A Top Secret security clearance is a requirement for employment; however, is not a requirement for applying. Applicants must be able to achieve and maintain the adjudicative standards set forth in the Intelligence Community Policy 704 Series for continued employment and are subject to polygraph testing. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the applicant fails to report to the scheduled drug test appointment. Incumbents of drug testing designated positions will be subject to random testing. Drug test results will be provided to the employing activity/command.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
1. Knowledge of enterprise architecture program management.
2. Ability to develop and lead customer-focused initiatives within an IT service organization to re-engineer practices to better serve customers.
3. Knowledge of IT laws, regulations, and policies addressing IT enterprise architecture management, including the ability to interpret and translate such to address agency-specific needs through the promulgation of agency-wide policies, directives, and guidelines.
4. Knowledge of strategic and operational IT planning, selection, control, and evaluation of IT investments and methodologies for translating business needs.
5. Ability to oversee and lead the design, implementation, and continuing development of modern, reliable, and security end-to-end IT services.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.