This position is located in Office of External Affairs within the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The employee responsible for developing and executing strategies for engagement, presenting opportunities for giving and negotiation, and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with high-capacity individuals, corporate executives or foundation officers.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Identifies high-capacity donors, provides donor analyses of giving potential and inclination and manages donor portfolios and prospect development cycle in order to secure private financial support for NMAAHC.
- Oversees data management and tracking of donor interaction from prospect identification to solicitation using a variety of tools including data mining and wealth screening programs.
- Supervises and/or oversees the work and training of subordinate staff members. Directs work in support of the gift officers and the campaign.
- Assists Director of Development with setting annual fundraising goals, managing and tracking campaign process, and establishing effective working relationships with a variety of high capacity individuals and/or institutional donors.
- Prepares correspondence and develops cultivation solicitation, and stewardship materials.