Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
This serves to amend the Job Summary of this position to read:
The Office of Infrastructure Protection is currently recruiting for the deputy director of the Sector Outreach and Programs Division.
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to provide strategic leadership and guide operations and policy direction as Deputy Director of the Sector Outreach and Programs Division (SOPD)? Then consider joining the Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect"
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Duties will include the following:
- Provide supervision and leadership for the work of a division; and execute senior executive duties and responsibilities in the absence of the division director.
- Oversee the strategic planning, development, and execution of major programs of national scope and impact related to public-private partnerships, critical infrastructure sector programs, and public-private information sharing.
- Oversee the development and documentation of program implementation strategies, their priorities, and division wide resource allocation recommendations.
- Oversee and coordinate the design of comprehensive studies and detailed analysis of multi-faceted functions and processes to support the development of long range program plans focused on national level mitigation of security risk and enhanced resilience across the sixteen critical infrastructure sectors.
- Formulate recommended plans and oversee the execution of improvements to program policies, practices, methods, and organizational structure.
- Participate in inter-agency and intra-agency coordination on development of programmatic strategy and policy recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to large multi-disciplinary groups, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and congress.