Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us at http://www.uscis.gov/.
Everyday our Statisticians direct and conduct analytical studies and research projects using advanced statistical techniques.
This position of STATISTICIAN starts at a salary of $89,033.00(GS-13 step 1), with promotion potential to $136,771.00 (GS-14 step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Policy and Strategy, Research and Evaluation Division, Washington, DC within DHS US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
You may also be eligible to apply to CIS-965370-OPP
USCIS will not pay relocation expenses.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
As a Statistician, you will advise management and provide expert statistical advice on programs impacting organizational activity regarding key agency programs of major interest or having significant impact on the agency's mission. Your duties will include:
- Initiates investigations of administrative data based on observations in program assignment areas.
- Plans, researches, and implements the full scope of investigative projects requiring application of statistical theory.
- Selects and modifies statistical techniques and methods to produce accurate and timely analyses.
- Evaluates alternatives to determine the appropriate and most feasible methodology and procedures for studying immigration data efficiently and reliably.
- Analyzes findings, evaluates statistical limitations of data, and specifies the range of logically possible explanations.
- Prepares documentation of procedures, presents findings, details problems encountered, and generates recommendations.
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.