Job Title: Supervisory IT Specialist Job Announcement Number: CK962847YP
Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: U.S. Marshals Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 to
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Arlington, VA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION IN ARLINGTON, VA
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Vacancy ID: 962847
Job Title: Supervisory IT Specialist, GS-2210-14
Promotion Potential: 14
Duty Location: Arlington, VA United States 1 vacancy
Open Period: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Salary Range - $105,211.00 - $136,771.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized
- Must pass a pre-employment security investigation and drug screening.
- A one year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Top Secret Clearance required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
GS-14 Minimum Qualifications:
In addition to the Basic Requirements above, applicants must qualify for this position with the specialized experience described below:
Specialized Experience: One year of full-time specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- Analyzing Information Technology (IT) requirements necessary to meet user needs;
- Planning, designing, developing and implementing secure, cost effective IT solutions that are consistent with Federal guidelines and standards;
- Operating, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining IT systems;
- Retiring and properly disposing of IT systems that have reached the end of their useful life;
- Managing and/or leading IT staff to ensure timely and satisfactory customer support is provided to the agency.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Ability to plan, develop and implement cost-effective Information Technology (IT) solutions to satisfy user needs.
- Skill in managing/supervising IT staff.
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.