Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Specialized Experience for GS-11: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-10) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience as a Nurse Practitioner, which includes performing comprehensive outpatient primary care, interpreting a variety of Family Practice diagnostic tests, counseling patients concerning healthcare instructions, and performing minor outpatient proceduresSpecialized Experience for GS-12: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-11) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidats for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience, as a Nurse Practitioner, which includes performing comprehensive outpatient primary care, interpreting a variety of Family Practice diagnostic tests, counseling patients concerning healthcare instructions, and performing minor outpatient procedures.
OREducation Substitution for GS-11: Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
- Combination of Education and Experience for GS-11: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total monts of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify. (Note: You must include a copy of your transcripts with your application.)
- Education Requirement: Advanced Practice Registered Nurses who complete their respective specialty programs after 31 December 2001 must be graduates of an accredited master's level or doctoral program acceptable to Department of Army that prepares Registered Nurses with additional knowledge and skills to practice in their clinical specialty.
- Licensure Requirement: Advanced Practice Registered Nurses will maintain a current, active, valid, unrestricted Registered Nurse license in at least one U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction.
- Certification Requirements: Nurse Practitioners will maintain current certification by a national certifying body (for example, American Nurses Credentialing Center; American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses; ANA; National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties), for their specialty area of practice.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Workplace Program) requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
- Applicants must obtain and maintain, a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/or a Pediatric Life Support (PALS) certification.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.