The incumbent serves as Producer for television in the Voice of Americas Latin America Division, Spanish Service. As such he/she coordinates the production of programming within the television unit of the Spanish Service responsible for the flawless on air execution of live television programs and high quality packages. Productions may be live, pre-taped, in the studio or in the field. Fluency in Spanish and English is required.THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY AN UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support service; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS MERIT PROMOTION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED DEU ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This vacancy is being advertised under Merit Promotion procedures and is open to all status applicants. The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under delegated examining unit (DEU) procedures for non-status applicants under announcement DEU-13-181 and Excepted Service procedure under announcement NC-13-9181. Status applicants are those individuals who are currently serving on a career or career-conditional appointment, individuals who are eligible for reinstatement, or individuals who are applying under the VEOA program. Applicants who wish to be considered under both delegated examining and merit promotion procedures MUST apply to both vacancy announcements.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Produces complex and highly targeted television news cast or news magazines or segments.
- Serves as line producer, and edits broadcast material.
- Coordinates all production elements including assigning writers, reporters, producers, editors, graphic designers, Chyron, technical crew, satellite placement, studio facilities, set designers, directors, talent, guests, etc.
- Creates a rundown of news casts or segments ensuring that all production elements are accurate and in order.
- Writes stories for live or pre-recorded broadcast.
- Approves scripts for programs or news casts segments.
- Selects and schedules guests which include high profile spokespersons, world leaders, subject matter experts, and personalities from the private sector, academia, cultural, and social institutions.