Job Title:Physician Assistant
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD13692204962616D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, September 17, 2013 to
Monday, September 23, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Stewart, GA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Fort Stewart, Georgia, and requires shift work or rotating shifts to include weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Coastal living is at its best in Liberty County, with a range of recreational and leisure activities to suit any lifestyle. Fort Stewart is located 42 miles southwest of Savannah, one of Americas most picturesque and historically rich cities. With its many jewel-like parks, historic homes, and great places to eat and relax, Savannah welcomes you to the best of the South.
Who May Apply:
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
- Business travel up to 5% may be required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a physician assistant in the Emergency Department you will perform duties such as, but not limited to:
- Provide primary care preventive services to develop a total health care plan to meet the needs of the patient.
- Treat a variety of diseases, disorders and injuries.
- Examine patients to determine the need for laboratory tests, x-rays and/or other procedures necessary to complete the assessment of the patient.
- Provide a variety of physical examinations such as school, employment, sports, retirement and/or other related physical examinations.
- Work collaboratively with the physician in patient management, evaluation and revision of therapeutic plans.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Graduation from a physician assistant educational program, accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARCPA).Certification: Successful completion of the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for continuing medical education (CME) and re-certification.
Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-11) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes performing routine and comprehensive physical examinations, reviewing medical history, prescribing medications, interpreting radiographs and lab results, and/or diagnosing medical conditions.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Skill in Patient CareSkill in Oral CommunicationSkill in Written Communication
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Workplace Program) requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Position requires the employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
- Position is designated as Emergency Essential. The person selected for this position must sign a statement of understanding and an agreement to continue to perform the duties of this position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.