Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug And Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Management (OM), User Fee Collections and Budget Formulation Team in Silver Spring, MD and is a collaboration of the Generic Drug User Fee Amendments (GDUFA) between the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the pharmaceutical industry to help ensure that the United States generic drug system, both domestic and international, comply with the United States quality standards and increase the likelihood that American consumers get timely access to low cost, high quality generic drugs.As a Supervisory Management Analyst, you will be serving as the Deputy Director to the User Fee Collections and Budget Formulation Team and will supervise the Operations and Legal Teams. In this position, the incumbent will help ensure that the front-line program areas of the Office - the Generics Staff, the Brands Staff, and the Budget Formulation Team - have the operational, logistical, administrative and legal support they need so that they can be successful at supporting the mission of the Office and the Center.
All current Federal employees and reinstatement eligible applicants must submit an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting proof of competitive status, tenure, position, grade level and step.
- Serves as the deputy to the Director of User Fee Collections and Budget Formulation Team in providing administrative and technical direction to the subordinate staff engaged in performing program planning, billing, evaluation, and policy and program analysis work contributing to the design and implementation of the collections function for PDUFA, GDUFA and BSUFA related to: collecting user fees; managing user fee information to comply with statutory requirements; determining whether marketing applications have satisfied applicable, statutorily-required user fee obligations; designing and implementing systems of internal control to ensure proper execution of responsibilities; and conducting analyses to support process improvement and performance measurement studies.
- Ensures that programs and policies are being implemented and adjusted as necessary, that the appropriate results are being achieved, and that a process for continually examining the quality of program activities is in place.
- Creates the conditions necessary for the Director to focus on direct program operations by, for example, ensuring that routine administrative matters are handled in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Collaborates with the Director to identify and manage human capital needs within the User Fee Collections and Budget Formulation Team, and works with Center and Agency partners to fulfill them.
- Provides administrative and technical supervision to the Legal and Operations teams by establishing guidelines and performance expectations that are communicated clearly to staff members through the formal employee performance management system and through frequent one-on-one or team meetings.
- Analyzes and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of the Center's programs and operations in meeting the goals and objectives of the Center.
- Studies the background of assigned projects and prepares position papers covering any and all issues involving or impacting the Center, Agency, Department or Public Health.
- Leads or serves as a member of Center or Agency task forces and study groups called to consider problems or provide direction in the area of operations research, policy or decision analysis, economics, and reports management.