The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Inspector General (OIG) is currently looking for a Secretary in our Washington, DC office. Join our professional team of criminal investigators in an administrative support capacity and help support DOE's mission.
DOE is the Nation's top sponsor of research and development (R&D) and has won more Nobel Prizes and R&D awards than any private sector organization and twice as many as all other Federal agencies combined. DOE has operating nuclear facilities, science laboratories, power marketing administrations, and environmental clean-up sites in 35 states, and is responsible for many accomplishments in fields including alternate fuels vehicles, biological and environmental research, energy efficiency, nuclear security and non-proliferation, clean power technologies, medical technologies, gene research, and computers and microelectronics.
The OIG offers potential for advancement, excellent benefits, and numerous training opportunities. We are located in 13 states throughout the U.S. Please visit our website at http://www.ig.energy.gov.
As a Secretary (Office Automation) with the DOE Office of Inspector General, you would be responsible for:
1. Preparing and processing correspondence.
2. Maintaining files and records.
3. Disseminating information.
4. Compiling and summarizing material.
5. Reviewing and completing various reports.
6. Receiving telephone calls and visitors, maintaining a complete calendar, independently scheduling appointments, meetings, and conferences, making travel arrangements, and ensuring smooth operation of the office.