Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an expert in test and evaluation (T&E) for the purposes of implementation and education of DHS plans, policy and guidance related to the T&E activities of any or all elements of the Department, whether through intramural or extramural programs.
This position is located in the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
This is an Interdisciplinary position which may be filled under any of the following titles and occupational series, depending on the qualifications of the applicant and the needs of the agency: GS-0801 General Engineer, or GS-1515 Operations Research Analyst.
· Review the organizations research, development, and acquisition programs to ensure that their Test and Evaluations (T&E) programs are structured to provide accurate, timely, and essential information to decision makers for programs in all acquisition categories throughout the system lifecycle.
· Develop investment plans and budget proposals to ensure T&E infrastructure is available to meet acquisition programs testing requirements.
· Coordinate with other appropriate executive agencies in developing and carrying out the T&E agenda of the Department to reduce duplication and identify unmet needs.
· Prepare input for Congressional hearings and other legislative interactions, providing authoritative advice and counsel on T&E issues.
· Review T&E evaluations programs and write reports addressing adequacy of test design, accuracy of results, statistical validity, interpretation of conclusion, and quality of individual and component T&E program strategy and management.