Job Title:Assistant National Bank Examiner
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Job Announcement Number:ANBE - September 2013
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$48,500.00 to $48,500.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, September 16, 2013 to Monday, October 07, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|This is a full-time, permanent appointment in the Excepted Service - and is included in the bargaining unit. The salary excludes geographic pay.|
|MANY vacancies -
OCC - Assistant National Bank Examiner Locations, US|
WHO MAY APPLY:
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is among the best places to work in the federal government. Our mission is to ensure that national banks and federal savings associations operate in a safe and sound manner, provide fair access to financial services, treat customers fairly, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Our culture is flexible, accountable, strategy-based, and data-driven. The agency promotes creative and thoughtful contributions by all employees in an environment that values and encourages diversity. If you are an inquisitive, investigative individual with high standards of your own, consider the OCC.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
As an Assistant National Bank Examiner (ANBE), you will serve as an entry-level professional employee. Work assignments will cover all areas of banking, including examining loans, interest rate risk, capital, liquidity, consumer compliance protection programs, and compliance with banking laws and regulations. We will provide developmental on-the-job and formal training and you will learn the basic procedures and practices used in national bank/thrift supervision processes. Assistant National Bank Examiners spend approximately 15 to 95 percent of their careers traveling to national banks/thrifts across the country, depending on their assigned field office location. Currently, there are 70 OCC field office locations.
View our video about Becoming a National Bank Examiner by clicking here.
For specific information on OCC’s Geographic Pay Differentials, click here.
- This announcement is open for specified locations. Click here for locations and start dates.
- Applicants may select up to two locations for a start date in either January/February 2014 or June 2014. You will only be considered for one start date.
- There is no longer an 18-month waiting period for reapplication. All prior applicants are eligible to apply to this posting. Note: Test results from previous ANBE testing sessions will not be considered.
- See the Qualifications Required section for specific information on the education and/or experience requirements for this position. Your answers to the on-line questions should reflect education completed, or education that is projected to be completed, by the start date that you select when you apply.
- OCC is not accepting applications from non-U.S. citizens for this position. Consistent with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, 8 U.S.C. § 1324b, and other applicable law, applicants who are U.S. citizens are preferred over equally well-qualified applicants who are not U.S. citizens. An ample number of well-qualified U.S. citizens are expected to apply.
- Please be certain that the name you use when applying corresponds to the federal- or state-issued Government photo identification you will use if you are contacted to be tested.
- The full performance level of this position is NB-V. Promotion to the NB-V level is contingent upon passing the Uniform Commission Examination (UCE).
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.