Please DO NOT send fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line OR fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on the announcement with the prescribed cover letter.
To apply for this position, you must
complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified
in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be
submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, September 26, 2013
Vacancy ID 958580
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Information Security Specialist
001 Information Security Specialist
062311085 Mountain View, CA
1. Are you a Current
California National Guard employee who is serving on a permanent dual status
(military technician) appointment?A. Yes
2. Do you currently possess the military grade of O-2 through O-3?A. Yes
3. Do you possess experience, education or training that has provided analytical, decision making, or administrative skills which demonstrates the candidates ability to accomplish the work of an organization; Experience demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively and successfully with others?
4. Do you have at least 36 months experience, education, or training in planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling base and law enforcement activities. Experience developing, planning and conducting training for regular and auxiliary force in all facets of security and law enforcement; Experience establishing standards related to security/law enforcement and enforcing standards. Experience determining personnel requirements for resources protection and law enforcement function?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
5. Provides technical advice, training, and assistance to commanders, directorates, and security managers regarding all aspects of Information Security and the convergent effect on industrial security and personnel security.
6. Develops processes, methods and recommendations to defeat intelligence gathering or risk exposure of information and ultimately prevent the compromise, loss, unauthorized access/disclosure, destruction, distortion or non-accessibility of information, regardless of physical form or characteristics, over the life cycle of the information, including actions to regulate access to sensitive information, controlled unclassified information and classified information produced by, entrusted to or under the control of the United States Government.
7. Makes information protection risk assessments and risk management/mitigation strategies/recommendations based on intelligence-derived threat issues that my require deviations from or synthesis of policies.
8. Demonstrates expert knowledge of the information security field that is necessary to provide effective guidance, training, and direction to subordinate squadron level organizations/activities/units.
9. Formulates wing program goals, plans, policy implementation guidelines, procedures, and work plans dealing with the development and operation of wing-wide information security programs and activities and provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate wing information security personnel.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To begin, click Apply Online
to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the
prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents
and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers
button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and
appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your
USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login,
select the Application
Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display
the status of your application, the documentation received and processed,
and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your
USAJOBS account and click Update Application in
the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other
documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s) or may also submit the following supporting documents, which may not be required for all applicants:
- Responses to the questionnaires
- Copy of your transcript if you are using education to qualify
- Any other documents required (if applicable
- Faxing Applications or
are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and
track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do
not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online
responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational
questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
To fax your documents, you must use
the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf
and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is
Fax your documents to
you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your
materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST)
on Thursday, September 26, 2013
to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax
confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational
questionnaire and submit via fax:
Click the following link to view and
print the occupational questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
Print the 1203FX form, follow the
instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items
Fax all six pages of the completed
1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX
will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
If your resume DOES NOT includes all the items requested on this vacancy announcement, along with a narrative description of how you meet the general and specialized experience requirements, you may lose consideration for the position.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, transcripts or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.