The Department of Energy's overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the U.S. through scientific and technological innovation and the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex. With DOE you'll have the flexibility and freedom to explore a world of possibilities through a wealth of exciting and challenging career opportunities. By joining DOE, you can hone your career skills while helping to secure the U.S. future and make a real difference in the lives of Americans and people around the world. To learn more about the DOE, please visit our website the following link DOE.
The Office of Legacy Management (LM), reporting directly to the Under Secretary for Management and Performance, manages the Department’s legacy responsibilities resulting from the nuclear weapons program. The mission of the Office is to protect human health and the environment through effective and efficient long-term surveillance and maintenance; to preserve and protect legacy records and information; to fulfill the Department’s post-closure responsibilities; to implement Departmental policy concerning continuity of worker pension and medical benefits; to manage legacy land and assets, emphasizing safety, reuse, and disposition and ensure the future protection of human health and the environment.
As a Administrative Officer you will:
- Manages employee training processes and procedures and administrative operations.
- Provide expertise on policy and procedural interpretations and implementing actions to carry out DOE administrative policies and practices.
- Serve as the Administrator of correspondence management including the eDOC system.
- Oversees the Travel Management operations, makes travel arrangements and manages the Federal Travel Management System.
- Administers the LM official foreign travel system; receives all requests for foreign travel of LM federal and contractor staff, reviews for adherence to DOE, State Department, and other agency requirements.
- Manages the LM Time and Attendance system. Trains timekeepers and audits timecards for quality and accuracy.
- Serves as LM Personal Property Manager. Ensures that personal property assigned to Headquarters federal and contractor employees is tracked, maintained, and used in accordance with DOE and GSA regulations.
- Serves as the senior advisor and expert to management on administrative operations.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of and alerts the Office Director to new Administration or DOE initiatives.
- Develops processes and procedures to ensure correspondence and document operations are consistent with DOE. Serves as the administrator of correspondence management including the eDOCs system.
- Ensures that personal property assigned to Headquarters federal and contractor employees is tracked, maintained, and used in accordance with DOE and GSA regulations.
- Initiates and prepares complex analyses and reports containing recommendations that are of major significance to the Office and serve as the basis for new policies, systems, and procedures in the management and administrative support areas.
- Oversees the LM Travel Management operations. Makes travel arrangements and manages the LM Federal Travel Management System; trains employees on usage as needed, ensures travel data is up to date and accurate; reviews travel entries for quality control and needed training.
- Serves as the purchase card system administrator and first level purchase card approver.
- Serves as the training administer. Processes training requests to ensure the timely registration, ensures attendance at requested training, and ensures post training evaluations are completed as required.