Job Title:Administrative Officer
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:DOE-HQ-LM-13-00050-MP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, September 16, 2013 to
Monday, September 23, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
THIS POSITION IS OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT
HEADQUARTERS DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY EMPLOYEES WITH
The Department of Energy's overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the U.S. through scientific and technological innovation and the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex. With DOE you'll have the flexibility and freedom to explore a world of possibilities through a wealth of exciting and challenging career opportunities. By joining DOE, you can hone your career skills while helping to secure the U.S. future and make a real difference in the lives of Americans and people around the world. To learn more about the DOE, please visit our website the following link DOE.
The Office of Legacy Management (LM), reporting directly to the Under Secretary for Management and Performance, manages the Department’s legacy responsibilities resulting from the nuclear weapons program. The mission of the Office is to protect human health and the environment through effective and efficient long-term surveillance and maintenance; to preserve and protect legacy records and information; to fulfill the Department’s post-closure responsibilities; to implement Departmental policy concerning continuity of worker pension and medical benefits; to manage legacy land and assets, emphasizing safety, reuse, and disposition and ensure the future protection of human health and the environment.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Relocation is at your own expense.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Administrative Officer you will:
- Manages employee training processes and procedures and administrative operations.
- Provide expertise on policy and procedural interpretations and implementing actions to carry out DOE administrative policies and practices.
- Serve as the Administrator of correspondence management including the eDOC system.
- Oversees the Travel Management operations, makes travel arrangements and manages the Federal Travel Management System.
- Administers the LM official foreign travel system; receives all requests for foreign travel of LM federal and contractor staff, reviews for adherence to DOE, State Department, and other agency requirements.
- Manages the LM Time and Attendance system. Trains timekeepers and audits timecards for quality and accuracy.
- Serves as LM Personal Property Manager. Ensures that personal property assigned to Headquarters federal and contractor employees is tracked, maintained, and used in accordance with DOE and GSA regulations.
- Serves as the senior advisor and expert to management on administrative operations.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of and alerts the Office Director to new Administration or DOE initiatives.
- Develops processes and procedures to ensure correspondence and document operations are consistent with DOE. Serves as the administrator of correspondence management including the eDOCs system.
- Ensures that personal property assigned to Headquarters federal and contractor employees is tracked, maintained, and used in accordance with DOE and GSA regulations.
- Initiates and prepares complex analyses and reports containing recommendations that are of major significance to the Office and serve as the basis for new policies, systems, and procedures in the management and administrative support areas.
- Oversees the LM Travel Management operations. Makes travel arrangements and manages the LM Federal Travel Management System; trains employees on usage as needed, ensures travel data is up to date and accurate; reviews travel entries for quality control and needed training.
- Serves as the purchase card system administrator and first level purchase card approver.
- Serves as the training administer. Processes training requests to ensure the timely registration, ensures attendance at requested training, and ensures post training evaluations are completed as required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
On line resumes of qualified candidates must describe at least one year of specialized experience.
Specialized experience is defined as:
- Coordinates, manages, and directs employees engaged in the processes and activities concerning a variety of administrative support functions to include: building/facility management, requisitioning of furniture and non IT equipment and supplies, space planning, correspondence and action tracking, travel, time and attendance and training.
- Advises management on administrative operations. Develops, procedures and processes for oversight of and ensures the integration of requirements, processes and activities concerning a variety of administrative support functions to include: building/facility management, requisitioning of furniture and non IT equipment and supplies, space planning, correspondence and action tracking, travel, time and attendance and training.
Experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service, for GS-13 and at least the GS-13 level for the GS-14.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: Your online resume must demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs/Competencies) (NOTE: Applicants need not prepare a written responses to these KSAs/competencies, unless asked in the online application).
- Knowledge of administrative services.
- Knowledge of the concepts, regulations, policies, and procedures of management analysis as applied to management and administrative support functions.
- Ability to present complex management analyses and recommendations clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Office Administration and regulations, policies and practices.
- Although a degree is not required, your educational background will be strongly considered in the evaluation of your overall qualifications for this position. Supporting documentation of your education and training is appreciated, even though not required for this position. Please fax all supporting documents in accordance with the instructions provided under Required Documents in the "How to Apply" section.
- Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree may be substituted for experience.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THIS VACANCY: A Preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work. Current Federal employees or other individuals with and existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check. If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement). Status and Non-Status applicants from outside DOE selected for this position are required to serve a mandatory one (1) year probationary period. A DOE career status employee selected for this position may be required to serve a new one (1) year probationary period, pursuant to 5 CFR 315.802.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.
- If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.