NOTE: Applicants MUST submit supporting transcripts if claiming education. Failure to do so will result in a rating of ineligible.
In order to be considered you must meet the basic requirements for the GS-0511 Auditor series via one of the option below.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of Education and Experience: At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
In addition to the basic requirement above, you must meet the minimum qualifications below to qualify for this position.
Specialized Experience: One full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties:
- Conducting financial audits that require extensive cost and price analysis techniques;
- Studying available background material to gain program information and discover audit leads;
- Preparing audit reports that present findings, identify causative situations and recommend corrective actions;
- Persuading command level officials of the value of the recommendations with implementation as the ultimate objective and outcome; and
- Performing audit follow-ups on agreed-to findings, recommendations and monetary benefits made during the previous audit.
Prior to appointment individual must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms are the following: SF86, PSIP Initiation Form, Birth Certificate (or other proof of citizenship), Fingerprints, OF306 or Application/Resume.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Audit Planning
- Audit Methods and Procedures
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication