This position is located in the San Diego, CA Division, Office of the ASAC # 4, Administrative Support Unit, San Diego, CA.
· The incumbent initiates and maintains procedures for receipt, storage and disposition of non-drug evidence and bulk marijuana. Revises or modifies procedures as necessary.
· Serves as systems administrator for the Enhanced Non-Drug Evidence Database System (E-Neds)
· Creates and maintains automated records of evidence and vault inventory and produces barcode labels on all items for custody tracking.
· Responsible for evidence storage vaults.
· Ensures that evidence is stored in an orderly fashion for quick retrieval.
· Arranges for disposition, destruction, or return of evidence.
· Determines appropriate disposition method, arranges return, donations, or destruction.
· Identifies appropriate disposal or destruction agency or facility, ensures compliance with all environmental requirements; arranges security support; organizes and supervises loading, transport, and uploading; and witnesses disposition or destruction at the site.
· Responsible for the custody, processing, and final disposition of received monies and non-forfeitable property.
· May testify at trials regarding the chain of custody of evidence.