Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a reveiw of your complete application is made you will be notified of your qualification status and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it. Vacancy Identification Number
The system cannot find the file specified. 1. Title of Job
AIRPLANE FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR2. Biographic Data
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time. 3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.5. Employment Availability
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.6. Citizenship
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
Enter the lowest grade level (12-13) you will accept.
1311. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Airplane Flight Instructor21. Geographic Availability
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
394680139 Mansfield, OH22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
This vacancy is open to Nationwide to military members of the
Ohio Air National Guard or military members who are eligible to become a member
of the Ohio Air National Guard.
1. Please choose the best response below that matches your current status:
A. I am currently a military member of the Ohio Air National Guard or military member who is eligible to become a member of the Ohio Air National Guard.
B. I am not a military member or eligible to become a military member of the Ohio Air National Guard.
This job is
open to ranks 2nd Lt (O-1) to Lt Col (O-5). Are you currently an 2nd Lt (O-1) to Lt Col (O-5)?
Please enter your current unit of assignment, rank, and AFSC:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
3. Are you a currently qualified Military Aircraft Pilot (Heavy)?
4. Are you a currently qualified C-130 Instructor Pilot or have you previously been qualified as a C-130 Instructor Pilot?
Do you possess the minimum requirements: possession of the appropriate Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) pilot certificates and/or appropriate military ratings; meeting the applicable flight hour requirements?
6. Do you possess specialized experience involving piloting or copiloting of aircraft to carry out various programs and functions; providing ground and flight instruction and in-flight evaluation in piloting of aircraft; flight testing of developmental and modified aircraft and components; in-flight inspection and evaluation of air navigation facilities and the environmental conditions affecting instrument flight procedures; and performing staff work concerned with planning, analyzing, or administering agency aviation programs?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
7. Ability to administer combat flight training to military aircrews, instruct and evaluate pilots through a broad training spectrum, in addition to performing pilot duties.
8. Knowledge and ablility to plan, develop and present comprehensive courses of instruction in both ground and flight training for pilots to achieve and maintain mission ready status.
9. Knowledge and ablility to perform as flight instructor, and/or flight examiner, evaluating and examining rated aircrew to assure training standards are met in these general areas: mission planning, preparation and briefing; ground operations, in-flight control, crew resource management and mission execution; mission debriefing and documentation accuracy.
10. Knowledge of airplane systems and procedures under normal, instrument and emergency conditions to give timely and accurate instruction to aircrews in the air or on the ground, conducted in both day and night missions, in visual and instrument conditions and with and without night vision devices.
11. Ability to brief and instruct preflight preparations including: intelligence briefings, mission planning, weather factors, mission objectives and other agency coordination to ensure safe flight procedures and effective mission accomplishment.
12. Ability to conduct comprehensive debrief of mission (to include video tape review and digital flight debriefing media) to ensure that the desired learning objectives were achieved and training rules were followed.