Job Title: Information Technology Specialist (Data Management)Job Announcement Number: 13A-JP-298935-TRF-OCIO
Agency: Smithsonian Institution
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, September 12, 2013 to
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full-Time, Temporary (Not to exceed two years) -
This is not a Federal Position, but has similar requirements and benefits.
FEW vacancies -
Herndon, VA, US View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all candidates eligible to work in the United States.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Office of Research Information Services. The employee serves as the lead in-house programmer for the testing development and pending implementation of SIdora - a Research data management system and related software tools and utilities.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- Complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as producing web interface programming with experience in both Java_Script (especially with a library such as Ext-JS) and Drupal.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Please note: This announcement previously incorrectly stated an educational option to qualify for this position. Based on OPM's Qualifications Standard for Information Technology (IT) Management Series, 2210 (Alternative A), there is no educational qualification option for grade 12 positions in this series. We apologize for this oversight.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
To preview questions please click here.
- Ability to apply Java_Script (especially with libraries like EXT_JS) and with Drupal, including its concepts, design, modules, themes, and maintenance tools to create or modify a digital asset management system.
- Ability to gather and implement customer requirements for an organization’s digital repository, gained through work experience.
- Knowledge and experience using PHP, Java, and integrating third-party API’s, and web services to develop customized modules and applications for an organization’s digital asset management system (such as SIdora) gained through work experience.
- Ability to apply software development concepts and techniques including system development life cycle management (LCM) theory and practices and quality assurance techniques such as requirements definition, development of system designs, test criteria, and mapping test cases through the detailed design and back to the system requirements, gained through work experience.
BENEFITS:Back to top
The Smithsonian offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, vacation and sick leave, holidays, commuter benefits, health/life insurance, and accidental insurance.