ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD FURNISH THE FOLLOWING, AS SHOWN BELOW. FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED FORMS OR INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
1. A current, complete application, for example a resume or any other application in written format (required);
The following information must be contained in your application package:
a. announcement number, title, and grade(s) - please indicate lowest grade acceptable
b. full name, mailing address, day and evening phone numbers
c. social security number
d. country of citizenship
e. highest Federal civilian grade held (give job series and dates held)
f. education level:
(1) High school (name, city, state, and date of diploma or GED)
(2) Colleges or Universities (name, city, state, major field of study, and type and year of any degree received - if no degree(s), show total credits earned and indicate whether semester or quarter hours)
g. work experience (give the job title, duties, employers name and address, supervisors name and phone number, starting and ending dates, hours per week, salaries, and indicate if we may contact your current supervisor)
h. job-related training courses (title and year)
i. job-related skills (e.g., other language skills, computer software/hardware skills)
j. job-related honors, awards, and special accomplishments (e.g., publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, public speaking, etc.);
2. A copy of the most recent performance appraisal and performance plan (elements and standards for achievement, if not indicated clearly on the annual performance appraisal) (required of current Federal employees);
3. A copy of the last or latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (required of all current Federal employees and of candidates applying on the basis of their reinstatement eligibility);
4. If applicable, a copy of OPM SES Certification or SES Candidate Development Program Certification (required);
5. A separate narrative description for each ECQ and TQ No more than one (1) page each (required); and
6. A one-page cover letter - (optional).
Additional Required Documentation:
- Documentation supporting eligibility for non-competitive appointment (e.g., severely disabled, eligible Peace Corps appointments, etc.);
- - ICTAP/CTAP documentation - In order to receive special selection priority, ICTAP and CTAP eligibles must meet all eligibility and qualifications requirements, be assessed and placed in the Well Qualified category, and submit appropriate documentary evidence, e.g., Reduction-in-Force (RIF) Notice, Certification of Expected Separation, SF-50 documenting separation by RIF, or a letter from OPM or your agency documenting your priority consideration; and
Applications must be received no later than the closing date of the announcement and should be sent to the Federal Maritime Commission, Office of Human Resources, 800 North Capitol Street, N.W., Room 924, Washington, D.C. 20573, Attn: Wanda Fisher, Human Resources Specialist. Also, the following methods of receipt apply:
1. Applications can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All e-mailed applications must be sent as an attachment in MS Word, WordPerfect, PDF, or other compatible format. Applications included in the body of the e-mail or in other formats will NOT be considered. Applications submitted electronically should be received in our agency e-mail system no later than 11:59 pm EST on the closing date of the announcement. Additional application materials may be faxed to the agency at the number shown below and should be received no later than 11:59 pm EST on the closing date of the announcement.
2. Applications can be faxed to the FMC to: 202-523-7842.
3. *Applications can be sent to the FMC by US Postal mail or via a private delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, etc.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to use the USPS or private delivery service to mail your application, it must be received in our office no later than the closing date in order to be considered. No exceptions will be made to this requirement. Applications submitted become the property of the Federal Maritime Commission and will not be returned.
NOTE: The filing of job applications is a personal matter, not official government business. Such personal mail is, therefore, subject to payment of postage by the employee. Applications received in official postage-paid or government franked envelopes will not be acknowledged or considered.
This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact the Office of Human Resources on (202) 523-5773. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.