Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCCs values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation. The mission of the Policy and Evaluation Department is to provide management oversight for the development and implementation of policy and best practices related to country eligibility, economic analysis and monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and policy reform. DPE manages the MCC's Threshold Program and formulates strategies that leverage MCC impact with foundations; international donors and other U.S. Government agencies.
As Associate Director/Director (Monitoring and Evaluation), you will:
- Assist with establishing implementation strategy through the development of impact evaluation policies, processes, guidelines, procedures, tools and training initiatives.
- Assist with monitoring, evaluation and other studies/analysis are planned and undertaken using appropriately rigorous methodology and taking into account project design features and implementation strategies.
- Assist with the capture, reporting, and analysis of data relating to organizational operations to improve the effectiveness of MCC's implementation of Compacts through the introduction of methodological innovations; application of results-based management; and, by promoting the dissemination and use of M&E findings, lessons and recommendations.
- Assist with establishing and promoting cooperation with other donors and stakeholders by sharing impact analysis and M&E results, and supporting joint or external evaluations. Coordinate with other donors on broader M&E initiatives and participates in other professional activities to maintain expertise of M&E related programs and activities.
- Monitor compact monitoring and evaluation activities within the Department of Compact Operations. Provide technical advice and guidance to local country teams (e.g., targets, indicators, baseline surveys, and impact evaluations). Review indicator tracking tables for accuracy and timeliness and to determine whether targets have been met, and ensuring that data quality reviews are implemented.
- Perform site visits and reports on compact monitoring and evaluation progress and efforts. Report to the MD to discuss concerns or potential problems and possible solutions and to inform progress and milestones achieved.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot potential problems (including substantive technical or administrative issues); track milestones and progress on compact implementation; and suggest appropriate action such as program modifications.
- Strategically manage, budgets, and utilize the Department's human and administrative services resources. Ensure that the workplace fosters the development of staff, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and support constructive conflict resolution.