Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Holston Army Ammunition Plant is located in the northeast corner of Tennessee on the outskirts of the city of Kingsport which has an estimated population of 45,000. The Installation is within the Tri-Cities region (Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport) with a population of approximately 490,000 and the home of East Tennessee State University in Johnson City. The area offers museums, water sports, hiking, hunting, fishing, golf, regional parks, and a nature center. The installation is 90 minutes from Knoxville, the home of the University of Tennessee. Encompassing over 6,000 acres the installation is one of the largest employers in Kingsport, TN.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
· Serves as the installation information assurance manager exercising overall responsibility of IA system issues for the installation IA program. (security management, software, hardware, procedural, network, internet, data communications, and Automated Information Systems (AIS) media security.
· Ensures that IT automated system design and developments involving both in-house and contractual efforts comply with Department of Defense (DoD) and Army IA requirements.
· Maintains current AIS accreditation statements and initiates re-accreditation when security-impacting changes have occurred.
· Serves as technical POC and advisor concerning development, implementation, modification, and management of long and short range IT planning and development of installation IT goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
· Serves as the lead in efforts to execute life-cycle IT equipment replacement and expand existing IT infrastructure, evaluate needs, activate automation improvements and enhancements, and studies of information system planning and implementation. Exercises full supervisory responsibility, both administrative and technical, over production line operations.