In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience and skill in applying: IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices; the mission and programs of customer organizations; the organization's information security infrastructure; performance; management/measurement methods, tools, and techniques; systems testing and evaluation principles, methods, and tools; IT security principles and methods; requirement analysis principles and methods; Commercial Off Shelf products and components. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service ([GS-09]).
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications requirements, qualified applicants must possess and INDICATE in their resume IT- related experience which demonstrates EACH of the following four competencies: ( Please note that you answer will be verified against the information you provided in your resume).
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; 2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; 3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; 4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and makes recommendations. (NOTE: This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents.)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Policies and Regulations
- Knowledge of Technical procedures
- Ability to analyze and evaluate IT Processes Procedures
- Skill in communicating Orally and providing technical advice, guidance and recommendations
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- If you are male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959, you must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
· This is an Army Acquisition and Technology Workforce position. The employee must meet DoD 5000.52-M requirements applicable to the duties of the position. Career field is Information Technology and level 2 certification is required.
· Employee is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (Incorporating Change 1, 15 May 2008).
· The employee must obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
· Incumbent (or selectee) is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
· This position requires IA Technical Level II and IA Managerial Level I certifications be attained within 6 months of assignment to the position and maintained thereafter.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.