Vacancy ID: 955210
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 1 year and 1 day). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration. Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition.
This position is located within the Executive Division of the National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) at the VA Medical Center in White River Junction, VT. The Public Affairs Specialist New Media Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing the Centers online social media content strategy, for directing the Centers blog and online journalist outreach, and disseminating research based information about trauma and PTSD to both public and professional audiences. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains Centers social media venues with frequent posts in your own name as well as collecting, editing, and clearing social media posts form employees across the VA;
- Coordinates day-to-day content postings to Center web and social media sites like Facebook, Twitters, etc.;
- Serves as the primary contact for bloggers, online journalists and various web communities;
- Serves as the team expert on Web 2.0 technologies, usage, and trends;
- Offers new and innovate ideas for how the Center can accomplish its mission more effectively online;
- Serves as a liaison to bureaus on developing web and social media content while coordinating with other government agencies;
- Develops, applies, and manages social media technologies and other new media;
- Assists with technological aspects of the production of education and communication materials including digital, audio and online production management, SharePoint sites, graphical layout for design, etc.;
- Develops electronic visual products such as photographs, illustrations, diagrams, graphs, brochures, posters, slides and charts used in online and print articles, etc.;
- Provides communication technology expertise to Center staff and advises and assists personnel at subordinate echelons on carrying out social media relations activities;
- Interprets established policies and procedures and remains current on VA and other federal regulations regarding communication for online materials;
- Maintains and implements consistent organizational standards for logos, letterhead, and other materials that uphold the Centers image and branding;
- Troubleshoots and provides referrals for technical communication problems; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am 4:30 pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***