Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is the principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the second largest investigative agency in the Federal government. Created in 2003 through a merger of the investigative and interior enforcement elements of the U.S. Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, ICE now has more than 20,000 employees in more than 400 offices in the United States and 47 foreign countries around the world. ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, Office of International Affairs, Resource and Financial Management Unit, International Compensation and Tour Management, Washington, D.C.
- The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
- HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling, smuggling of narcotics, weapons and other types of contraband, financial crimes, cybercrime and export enforcement issues. HSI special agents conduct investigations aimed at protecting critical infrastructure industries that are vulnerable to sabotage, attack or exploitation.
- In addition to criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agency's international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI consists of more than 10,000 employees, consisting of 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S. and 47 countries around the world.
- HSI conducts criminal investigations against terrorist and other criminal organizations who threaten national security. HSI combats worldwide criminal enterprises who seek to exploit America's legitimate trade, travel and financial systems and enforces America's customs and immigration laws at and beyond our nation's borders.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will perform the following duties:
- Planning and/or conducting broad and/or in-depth special studies; developing and/or evaluating policies in assigned areas of responsibility; designing and coordinating planning activities;
- Developing, implementing and/or monitoring sophisticated management information systems; preparing and/or providing briefings and presentations on analytical findings and recommendations;
- Directing the development of new and/or changes to existing issuances and directives; applying knowledge of staffing processes and procedures;
- Determining the applicability and effect of new or proposed legislation, executive orders, agency directives, and other agency decisions on organizational operations, managerial programs and requirements; representing the organization at meetings and conferences;
- Conducting detailed planning to gather and interpret information for problem solving and identifying ways to improve or enhance current products and services to customers.