Job Title:Area Technician
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Agriculture, Rural Housing Service
Job Announcement Number:NY-2013-0006
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, September 09, 2013 to
Thursday, September 19, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Schoharie, NY, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from current and former competitive service Federal employees, people eligible under special hiring authorities, and CTAP and ICTAP eligibles in the commuting area. See OTHER INFORMATION for special hiring authorities, CTAP/ICTAP information.|
Rural Development is committed to helping improve the economy and quality of life in all of rural America by providing financial programs to support essential public facilities and services such as water and sewer systems, housing, health clinics, emergency service facilities and electric and telephone service. Rural Development promotes economic development by providing loans to businesses through banks and community-managed lending pools, while also assisting communities to participate in community empowerment programs. Join the Rural Development team and make a commitment to America's rural communities.
This position is located in the USDA Rural Development Schoharie, New York Office.
This position is being advertised concurrently under Announcement DEU-NY-2013-0001. Applicants who wish to be considered under those procedures must apply to DEU-NY-2013-0001.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
For GS-06: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05; or its non-Federal equivalent. There is no substitution of education at the GS-06 level.
For GS-07: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06; or its non-Federal equivalent. There is no substitution of education at the GS-07 level.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, you must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the GS-1101 series set forth in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards by the closing date of the announcement. A copy is available at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp.
Specialized experience is any experience that equipped the applicant with the particular competencies to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Qualifying specialized experience for the GS-06 level: Providing technical information on loan programs available; working with legal instruments and documents related to lending, such as mortgage deeds, titles, liens, promissory notes, and contractual obligations; processing loan payments, debt collection or other similar work.
Qualifying specialized experience for the GS-07 level: Answering technical inquiries related to lending from various entities such as lenders, investors, businesses, attorneys, accountants, real estate agents, etc, including advising customers on lending services available from other federal, state, or local programs.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Background Investigation is required.
- A one year probationary period is required
- Relocation and travel expenses will not be paid.
- Time in grade must be met by the closing date of
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
1. Based on your resume and transcripts, you will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required and on the extent to which your resume shows that you possess the competences listed below. Please ensure your resume addresses these competencies by providing examples such as how often you applied the skills, the complexity of the knowledge you possessed, the level of the people you interacted with, etc.
2. Basis of Rating: Applicants meeting the basic requirements will receive a numerical rating based on an evaluation of their experience, education, training, possession of the competencies listed above, and on the responses provided on the job specific questionnaire that is required as part of the application process for this position.
Applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training that is relevant to the duties of this position. Eligible applicants will receive a numerical rating based on their responses to the on-line occupational questions for this position. These responses must be substantiated by your on-line resume. Applicants who do not respond to the mandatory application questions will be rated ineligible.
Occupational questions are an integral part of the process for determining your basic and specialized qualifications for the position. Therefore, it is important to support your responses to the occupational questions by proven examples of experience, education and training when requested.
High self- assessment that is not supported by Information in your resume, essay responses, and/or supporting documents May result in a lowered score or eliminate you from consideration.
Selection for this position will be made on among candidates possessing the best qualifications:
• Knowledge of loan and/or grant making and servicing policies and procedures.
• Skill in planning, scheduling, and organizing work
• Knowledge of computer applications
• Oral Communication
• Written Communication
• Office Skills
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Applying to this announcement requires the online submission of basic applicant information, responses to vacancy specific questions, and submission of supporting documentation (see the Required Documents section below). All application materials/documentation will be accepted until 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
Step One: Online Resume Applicants must create a user account and at least one resume in USA Jobs. This information will be uploaded to the USDA Application System. Applicants must then click 'Apply Online' for this vacancy.
Applicants' resumes must provide sufficient information to determine if qualification requirements are met. Applicants must provide beginning and ending dates (mm/yy) of employment, the position title, pay grade (for Federal positions worked), the average number of hours worked per week, salary and a thorough description of the duties for each position listed on your application or resume. Applicants who perform a mixture of duties should indicate the approximate percentages of time performing different types of work.
Step Two: USDA Application System Applicants will be directed to the USDA Application System, where you will either need to create an account or update an existing account. Please verify all information is accurate. Registered Users should check 'update my information that is on file' for the fax cover sheets. Once information is updated, YOU MUST CLICK 'Apply To This Vacancy'.
Step Three: Vacancy Specific Questions Applicants will be directed to answer a series of questions specific to the position for which applying. Responses to these questions are mandatory. If not completed, your application will not be accepted.
Step Four: Supporting Documentation Documents may either be uploaded or faxed - fax cover sheets may be printed down. New Users will be directed to a page before and after the vacancy specific questions which will contain a listing of fax cover sheets for all required supporting documentation.
Not all documents are required for every applicant. Documents must be faxed to the fax number on the cover sheet. DO NOT FAX DOCUMENTS TO THE HR OFFICE. Fax documents separately.
Step Five: Review and Submit Your Application Review all information- personal contact information, resume, responses, and documents. APPLICANTS MUST CLICK 'FINISH' to submit your application.
**If you cannot apply on-line, call the number listed under Agency Contact Information prior to the closing date to request a hard copy of the complete application package. Application packages will be mailed to applicant. The completed package along with any required supporting documents must be received in the Human Resources (HR) Office by the closing date of the announcement. No extension will be granted.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Applicants applying for this position based on education must submit proof of your education with a transcript or list of courses with credit hours, major(s), and grade point average or class ranking.
- A current performance appraisal (within 18 months or an explanation as to why it is not available).
- If you are a current or former Federal employee, an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, is required to verify status.
- Additional documents (e.g., Veterans' Preference documentation, proof of CTAP/ICTAP eligibility), if applicable.
- Applicants who wish to be considered under special hiring authorities must provide acceptable documentation of your preference or appointment eligibility. The member 4 copy of your DD214, 'Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,' is preferable. If claiming 10 point preference, you will also need to submit a Standard Form (SF-15), 'Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference, and proof of disability if also required if applicable.
- For consideration under CTAP/ICTAP you must submit appropriate proof of eligibility; e.g., RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area; a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) verifying separation as a result of RIF or declining a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area.
All application materials/documentation will be accepted until 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After all application packages have been received, we will review your resume and transcript(s) to ensure that you meet basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and may interview the best qualified applicants. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Once the position is filled, we will notify all applicants of their final status.