Job Title:HR Assistant (Recruitment & Placement) Pathways Intern
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:MRN-MPA-13-957705
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$31,315.00 to $50,431.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2013 to Tuesday, September 10, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Internships|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Marion, IL United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|See Program Requirements Below|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 957705
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov//
This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program.
The program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. The Internship provides manager's a ready source of student employees and potential permanent employees upon completion of the program requirements. It also provides the student with work experience directly related to the curriculum studies or career goals while offering eligibility for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment upon completion. For more information on Internship opportunities within the Department of Veterans Affairs, please visit http://MyCareeratVA.va.gov/CareerPath/Internships
Full requirements for Conversion:
To be eligible for conversion to the competitive service, an Intern must:
· Be a U.S. citizen.
· Have completed educational requirements from a qualifying institution within the preceding 120 days.
· Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program.
· Meet the OPM Qualification Standard for the position the Intern may be converted to.
· Maintain acceptable performance under the agencys approved performance management system.
· Receive favorable recommendation for conversion from supervisor.
It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will decide to opt for conversion.
If applicants are interviewed for the position, performance based interview questions will be used. For additional information regarding performance-based interviews, please review the following website on the internet: http://www.va.gov/pbi In addition, candidates may be interviewed by a panel.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Be at least 16 years old (by closing date of this vacancy announcement).
- Accepted for/Currently enrolled in a qualified educational institution.